As Japanese tax services, depending on the depth of our involvement and your needs, we offer three standard service levels as summarized below, each of which can be provided in English.
If you have an interest in our services, please fill out the form below. We will get back to you shortly.
Please visit the respective pages for more information on each service.
This service is suitable for companies with in-house accountants that keep their books in Japan but who are looking for Japanese tax services such as the following:
- Preparation of annual corporate tax returns and other tax reports or applications
- English correspondence with an offshore parent company regarding Japanese taxes
- Tax consultations on withholding, consumption, or individual income taxes that may arise in the ordinary course of business, as well as corporate tax issues
- Calculation of tax liabilities and deferred tax assets to be booked in year-end financial statements
We can offer these services for a fixed fee.
This service is suitable for companies considering financial outsourcing such as the following:
- Newly established Japanese entities with no in-house accountant in Japan
- Firms where the workload does not justify a full-time accountant in Japan
- Firms who need temporary services to fill in for resigned accounting personnel until new staff can be hired (including handover to new employees)
- Understaffed monitoring of Japanese Special Purpose Vehicles (SPVs) owned by offshore investors, etc.
This is a bespoke tax and accounting service. We will provide a fee quote after customizing our scope of services depending on your demand.
If you have specific ad-hoc questions on Japanese taxes for cross-border transactions and/or investments in Japanese property, financial products, or funds such as the following, we are happy to assist you with your concerns.
- Setting up Japanese entities
- Application of Japanese thin capitalization rules
- Corporate taxation of Japanese branches under AOA rules
- Application of tax treaties
- Investment in Japanese property, trusts, or partnerships
- Reverse charge mechanisms under Japanese consumption tax law
Our fee is generally on a time-charged basis. We can offer a free initial consultation. In addition, we can provide a fee estimate outlining your issues and giving a rough estimate of our time for the work.