Ad-hoc Advice

Ad-hoc Japanese tax adviceWe provide ad-hoc Japanese tax advice for setting up Japan entity or cross-border investment in Japanese property, financial products, partnerships, etc.

We can also introduce other professionals who are familiar with Japanese legal issues or Japanese VISA.

Tax consultation is provided by a licensed Japanese tax accountant who served as the tax manager of a financial service division in a Big4 tax firm and who has engaged in tax consulting for inbound and outbound investment as partially summarized below.

We aim to provide clear, reasonable advice on your Japanese tax issues through careful fact-finding and detailed analysis.

Examples of Ad-hoc Japanese Tax Advice

  • Setting up Japanese entities (branch vs subsidiary)
  • Application of Japanese thin capitalization rules for interest payments to offshore related entities
  • Corporate taxation of Japanese branches and documentation requirements under the Authorized OECD Approach (AOA rules)
  • Application of tax treaties between Japan and jurisdictions where investors reside
  • Investment in Japanese property (direct vs indirect)
  • Investment in Japanese trusts, partnerships, or silent partnerships (known as “Tokumei Kumiai”)
  • Japanese taxation of financial products including Japanese government bonds, listed/unlisted stocks, derivatives, investment trusts, or J-REITs
  • Reverse charges under the Japanese consumption tax regime, etc.


We can offer a free initial consultation.

After the free initial consultation, our fees are on a time-charged basis at an hourly rate of JPY 23,000 (JPY 25,300, including consumption tax).

However, before starting our work, we can provide an estimate of the fee. We can also consider a discount rate for long-term projects.

Contact Us

If you have an interest in our service, please fill out the form below.  We will get back to you shortly.

Contact Form